JUST GIVE ME THE APP -
This might get windy. We'd love to push an update to CamCamX2.app into the Mac App Store. We really would. However, the problems are compounded:
- First off, Apple no longer allows QuickTime(™) applications in the Mac App Store. As the current build of CamCamX2.app uses QuickTime(™), it can't be updated without a 64-bit rewrite to at least QTKit or AVFoundation. That's coming, but not this year (2015).
- Secondly, with all the crashing apps, submission time to get an update into the store is, well, lengthy. Even if we wanted to get the update to you last week, it would still be "Waiting for Review"
The good news is, we have an update for you now. Download link above. Here are the steps:
- Make sure the most updated version of CamCamX2.app is installed on your computer (from the Mac App Store).
- Double click on CamCamX2.app while connected to the internet. The error message should read "This application is damaged...quot;
- Remove all the old CMIO drivers and the Prefs panel (FROM THIS OLD LINK).
- Next, download the update and drag it to the desktop.
- Double-click on CamCamX.app (the update).
- CamCamX.app should launch.
- In Preferences, install the CamCamX.app CMIO drivers.
- That's it.
Labels: application is damaged error, camcamx2, support, update